CULT+KING® WASH | Hair Shampoo Bar + Face Bar + Body Bar + Shave Bar | All in One | One 4 oz. Bar in Travel Tin |
How to Use.
Lather bar directly onto wet hair and skin. Rinse with warm water. Because of the softer consistency of cold-processed soap, dry on a washboard surface between uses. Not recommended for color-treated hair.
It’s the Finest Quality Soap | The best goddamn shampoo car and soap out there, for the hair, beard, face, and body – all in one bar for all hair and skin types.
It’s Small-Batch Artisan Soap | Made in Montana in the Great United States. May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.
It’s Cold-Processed | WASH is never heated over 100 degrees, leaving all the natural botanical goodness intact.
Formulated with Care | No sodium laurel sulfate (SLS), preservatives, synthetic fragrance, parabens, phthalate, alcohol, urea, silicone, synthetic colorant, EDTA, TEA, DEA.
It’s 82% Organic Ingredients | With the addition of Koalin Clay to exfoliate and Activated Charcoal to detoxify hair and skin.
It’s Absolutely Good, Natural Soap | The pure, natural alternative to mass-produced shampoos and soaps… and no plastic bottles either.
Ingredient Deck (most to least)
*Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil
*Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil
*Elaeis guineensis (Palm) Oil
*Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil
*Ricinus communis (Castor) Seed Oil
Cedrus atlantica (Cedarwood) Bark Oil
*Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter
*Theobroma cacao (Cacao) Butter
*Argania spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil
Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil
Mentha spicata (Spearmint) Leaf Oil
Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Oil
Piper nigrum (Black Pepper) Oil
Eugenia caryophyllata (Clove) Bud Oil
Carbo activatus (Activated Charcoal)
Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Extract
*denotes organic ingredient †None remains after soponifying oils into soap and glycerin.
No Sodium Laurel Sulfates (SLS)
Ten Reasons People Give for Avoiding SLS in Soaps and Shampoos
- SLS is a skin irritant, widely used to irritate skin in order to test products used to heal skin conditions.
- SLS is actually a pesticide and herbicide commonly used to dehydrate and kill insects and plants.
- SLS was denied approval as a pesticide for organic gardening due to its polluting properties and environmental damage. SLS pollutes groundwater, is toxic to fish and can bioaccumulate in the bodies of fish and other aquatic animals.
- Toxic Sodium Oxides and Sulfur Oxides are released when SLS is heated.
- SLS is corrosive to the fats and proteins that make up skin and muscle, according to the American College of Toxicity.
- SLS has the potential for long-term permeation of cells and tissues of the eyes, brain, heart, and liver.
- It is an eye irritant linked to cataracts in adults, and inhibiting the proper formation of eyes in small children.
- May contain traces of nitrates and toxic solvents used in its manufacturing process.
- The SLS manufacturing process is highly polluting.
- SLS is penetration enhancer that helps other chemicals cross the membranes of your body’s cells.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: How does CULT+KING WASH make suds if it doesn’t have SLS?
A: WASH is made through the process of saponification of oils, which is the way that true soap is made and has always been made. And true soap makes suds. If a shampoo bar is not made through saponification, SLS has to be added to make suds. This is what the traditional shampoos in plastic bottles are all about. Typically all the oils are saponified into the bar during the soap-making process unless the bar is “super-fatted.” WASH is “super-fatted,” meaning there are extra oils added over and above what are used in the saponification process. The extra oils actually create their own mild, smooth lather, which is soft on skin, scalp and hair.
Q: You say that WASH is cold-processed. What does that mean?
A: That means that instead of heating it up to 300 degrees in the soap-making process (boiling starts at 220 degrees), we only heat it up to 110 degrees so the heat doesn’t kill the botanicals. Heating soap to that high a temperature is like taking a beautiful organic meal and putting it in the microwave for 30 minutes. Our WASH is like eating that meal raw.
Q: Is the palm oil in WASH sustainably-sourced?
A: Our organic palm oil is certified by the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (ROSP). We are appalled and heartbroken by the conditions created by the irresponsible harvesting of palm oil around the world, but the efficacy of palm oil means its use will continue. Perhaps if we help to grow and encourage sustainable palm oil sources, we can move towards a better future. That is our hope and intention.
Q: Why is WASH shampoo bar not recommended for color treated hair? Will it pull out color or will it just not help color last?
A: The process of real soap results in a pH of about 9, which makes it great for cleaning. But the higher the pH, the more color that is pulled from the hair. All our other products sit at 4.5 pH which is where skin and hair fall. Shampoos marketed as “color-safe” typically include synthetic detergent to lower their pH. Though a lot of other companies don’t mention it, we want to be completely transparent about what is and isn’t in our products. If you do have color-treated hair, WASH is still amazing for your face, body and shaving. The best real soap you can buy.