GOOD FOR YOUR BODY
WE PUT ONLY THE CLEANEST INGREDIENTS IN OUR PRODUCTS.
We’re obsessed with ingredients on our fantastical quest to make the finest natural, botanical, sustainable haircare, skincare & shave products in the world, because we believe that natural, botanical ingredients inherently lead to real beauty. That means sweating the details of every single ingredient in our products: Purest essential oils. Ethically-harvested natural botanicals. Chock full of organic ingredients. More concentrated formulas because water is not used as a cheap filler, like so many other products do. pH balanced for skin and hair. All vegan.
Stop putting poison on your skin and hair. All CULT+KING products are formaldehyde-free. Paraben-free. Petroleum-free. Gluten-free. Propylene glycol-free. Synthetic fragrance-free. Phythalate-free. TEA-, DEA and MEA-free. Mineral oil-free. Synthetic dye-free. Coal tar-free. Synthetic detergent-free. Animal testing-free. Green washing-free. The cleanest products on the market. The less chemicals you put in and on your body, the better for you.
“GOOD-FOR-YOU” PRODUCTS WITH NO COMPROMISE ON PERFORMANCE.
We’ve all tried the wimpy, health-food store skin and hair care brands that don’t work. We like to think of CULT+KING as the “stylish revolution” because our products have none of the bad ingredients and all of the performance. We’ve salon-tested every product endlessly on hair and shave guests in our own salons, tweaking and modulating the formulas until they are just right. CULT+KING is of, by and for hairstylists and barbers, and we know how much style and performance count.
ALL FORMULATIONS DESIGNED, TESTED AND MADE IN USA.
All our formulations are proudly and enthusiastically MADE IN USA in small batches for absolute quality control and good karma.
ALL THE DETAILS BECAUSE FACTS MATTER.
THE “DO” LIST : In CULT+KING Products, you will find lots of these:
- Organic Ingredients.
- Essential Oils.
- Botanical Extracts.
- Vitamins and Minerals.
- Sustainably Sourced Ingredients.
THE “DON’T” LIST : CULT+KING Products achieve amazing performance without ANY of these:
- Aluminum Powder, including elemental aluminum, aluminum oxide (aka alumina), aluminum salts, and aluminum hydroxide.
- Animal Oils, including animal musks and animal fats.
- BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole).
- BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene).
- Carmine, including Cochineal, Cochineal Extract, Crimson Lake, or Carmine Lake, Natural Red 4 C.I. 75470.
- Chemical combinations, including potassium sorbate + ascorbic acid + ferric salts; and sodium benzoate + ascorbic acid.
- Chemical Sunscreens, including SPFs, Avobenzone, Benzophenone; Diphenylmethanone; Diphenyl Ketone; 119-61-9; Benzoylbenzene; Phenyl Ketone; Oxybenzone; 2-Hydroxy-4 Methoxybenzophenone; 131-57-7; Benzophenone-3; (2-Hydroxy-4-Methoxyphenyl), and Octinoxate.
- Cyclic Silicones, including cyclotetrasiloxane (D4), cyclopentasiloxane (D5), cyclohexasiloxane (D6), and cyclomethicone.
- EDTA, including Calcium Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, and Trisodium EDTA.
- Ethanolamines, including DEA/TEA/MEA/ETA.
- Ethoxylated Ingredients, including Ceteareth-20; Emulsifying wax: PEGS (Polyethylene Glycol compounds), PEG-100 Stearate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-40; Polysorbate-20, Polysorbate-40; Steareth-20; Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) and Ammonium Laureth Sulfate.
- Formaldehydes, including Dmdm Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Quaternium-15, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Polyoxymethylene Urea, 5-Bromo-5-Nitro-1,3 Dioxane, Glyoxal, Methenamine, Benzylhemiformal.
- “Glycols”, including Polypropylene, Propylene, Butylene and Dipropylene Glycol.
- Japanese Honeysuckle.
- Lanolin and Keratin.
- Methyl Cellosolve or 2-Methoxyethanol.
- Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone.
- Synthetic Nanoparticles.
- Parabens including Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Methylparaben, and Propylparaben.
- Phthalates, including Dibutyl Phthalate, aka DBP, or DEHP, and DEP.
- Propane and Isobutane.
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds, including Benzalkonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride and Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey.
- Retinyl Palmitate.
- Synthetic Colorants.
- Synthetic Fragrance.
- Triclosan and Triclocarban.
THE “DECIDE FOR YOURSELF” LIST : Our quest is to create products with amazing performance and none of the bad stuff (It can be done!), and to be as clear and transparent as possible about the ingredients we use. Not everyone agrees with all our choices. There are three ingredients in CULT+KING products that some users may choose to avoid.
- Dimethicone (in CULT+KING SETSPRAY) This linear silicone with a large stable molecule is not a health concern, and provides important heat protection for blow-drying and iron-work. However based on concerns about biodegradeability, we are actively working on a reformulation of SETSPRAY that offers all the heat protection without this ingredient.
- Sustainable Palm Oil (in CULT+KING WASH) We are appalled and heartbroken by the conditions created by the irresponsible harvesting of palm oil around the world, but the efficacy of palm oil means its use will continue. Perhaps if we help to grow and encourage sustainable palm oil sources, we can move towards a better future. That is our hope and intention. We are actively watching this developing situation.
- Rhassoul Clay (in CULT+KING POMADE) Rhassoul is a natural mineral clay mined from ancient lake beds of the Atlas Mountains of Morocco. Its use for haircare dates back to the 8th century. It has amazing benefits to skin and hair because of all the nourishing minerals in it. Some users avoid all clays because of the presence of these earth minerals, instead preferring to limit their ingredients to the “nature” found in plants. We believe clays like Rhassoul and the widely-used Kaolin Clay are “natural” ingredients just like plants, all provided by Mother Earth.