WE’RE OBSESSED WITH THE INGREDIENTS.
We’re obsessed with ingredients on our fantastical quest to make the finest natural, botanical, sustainable haircare, skincare & shave products in the world, because we believe that natural, botanical ingredients inherently lead to real beauty. That means sweating the details of every single ingredient in our products: Purest essential oils. Ethically-harvested natural botanicals. Chock full of organic ingredients. pH balanced for skin and hair. All vegan with the exception of organic beeswax in BALM and STYLE.
Start putting only clean ingredients and natural fragrances on your skin and hair. All CULT+KING products are formaldehyde-free. Paraben-free. Gluten-free. Propylene glycol-free. Phthalate-free. TEA-, DEA and MEA-free. Mineral oil-free. Synthetic dye-free. Coal tar-free. Synthetic detergent-free. Animal testing-free. Clean products make a difference. The less chemicals you put in and on your body, the better for you.
“GOOD-FOR-YOU” PRODUCTS WITH NO COMPROMISE ON PERFORMANCE.
We’ve all tried the wimpy, health-food store skin and hair care brands that don’t work. We like to think of CULT+KING as the “stylish revolution” because our products have none of the bad ingredients and all of the performance. We’ve salon-tested every product endlessly on hair and shave guests in our own salons, tweaking and modulating the formulas until they are just right. CULT+KING is of, by and for hairstylists and barbers, and we know how much style and performance count.
ALL FORMULATIONS DESIGNED, TESTED AND MADE IN USA.
All our formulations are proudly and enthusiastically MADE IN USA (using highest quality and sustainably sourced US and imported ingredients) in small batches for absolute quality control and good karma.
ALL THE DETAILS BECAUSE FACTS MATTER.
THE “DO” LIST : In CULT+KING Products, you will find lots of these:
- Organic Ingredients.
- Essential Oils.
- Botanical Extracts.
- Vitamins and Minerals.
- Sustainably Sourced Ingredients.
THE “DON’T” LIST : CULT+KING Products achieve amazing performance without ANY of these:
- Aluminum Powder, including elemental aluminum, aluminum oxide (aka alumina), aluminum salts, and aluminum hydroxide.
- Animal Oils, including animal musks, animal fats, lanolin, cholesterol, lactose and keratin.
- BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole).
- BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene).
- Carmine, including Cochineal, Cochineal Extract, Crimson Lake, or Carmine Lake, Natural Red 4 C.I. 75470.
- Chemical Sunscreens, including SPFs, Avobenzone, Benzophenone; Diphenylmethanone; Diphenyl Ketone; 119-61-9; Benzoylbenzene; Phenyl Ketone; Oxybenzone; 2-Hydroxy-4 Methoxybenzophenone; 131-57-7; Benzophenone-3; (2-Hydroxy-4-Methoxyphenyl), and Octinoxate.
- EDTA, including Calcium Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, and Trisodium EDTA.
- Ethanolamines, including DEA/TEA/MEA/ETA.
- Ethoxylated Ingredients, including Ceteareth-20; Emulsifying wax: PEGS (Polyethylene Glycol compounds), PEG-100 Stearate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-40; Polysorbate-20, Polysorbate-40; Steareth-20; Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) and Ammonium Laureth Sulfate.
- Formaldehydes, including Dmdm Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Quaternium-15, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Polyoxymethylene Urea, 5-Bromo-5-Nitro-1,3 Dioxane, Glyoxal, Methenamine, Benzylhemiformal.
- “Glycols”, including Polypropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol and Dipropylene Glycol.
- Lanolin and Keratin.
- Methyl Cellosolve or 2-Methoxyethanol.
- Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone.
- Synthetic Nanoparticles.
- Nitromusks and Polycyclic musks.
- Parabens including Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Methylparaben, and Propylparaben.
- Petrolatum, Parafin and Mineral Oil.
- Phthalates, including Dibutyl Phthalate, aka DBP, or DEHP, and DEP.
- Propane and Isobutane Propellants.
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds, including Benzalkonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride and Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey.
- Retinyl Palmitate.
- Silicones of all types, including Dimethicone and Cyclic Silicones including cyclotetrasiloxane (D4), cyclopentasiloxane (D5), cyclohexasiloxane (D6), and cyclomethicone.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
- Synthetic Colorants.
- Synthetic Fragrance.
- Toluene (unless naturally occurring).
- Triclosan and Triclocarban.
THE “DECIDE FOR YOURSELF” LIST : Our quest is to create products with amazing performance and none of the bad stuff (It can be done!), and to be as clear and transparent as possible about the ingredients we use. Not everyone agrees with all our choices. There are three ingredients in CULT+KING products that some users may choose to avoid.
- Organic Beeswax (in CULT+KING BALM & STYLE) We love the bees. Life itself on this planet is not sustainable without them. Rather than let the bees wing it for themselves, we would love to see a future with a world full of healthy bee populations cared for and managed in an organic and humane manner by respected and successful organic beekeepers. In a world where organic beekeeping is a much-sought after field where kids growing up hearing, “Maybe if you work hard, you’ll get to be an organic beekeeper someday.” We are choosing to include organic beeswax in those products that would benefit from it in order to support the good, and help lead our beloved bee populations in a healthy direction.
- Rhassoul Clay (in CULT+KING POMADE) Rhassoul is a natural mineral clay mined from ancient lake beds of the Atlas Mountains of Morocco. Its use for haircare dates back to the 8th century. It has amazing benefits to skin and hair because of all the nourishing minerals in it. Some users avoid all clays because of the presence of these earth minerals, instead preferring to limit their ingredients to the “nature” found in plants. We believe clays like Rhassoul and the widely-used Kaolin Clay are “natural” ingredients just like plants, all provided by Mother Earth.