SUBMIT YOUR STATE SALES TAX EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE
CULT+KING is required to charge sales tax on all online purchases in many states. To waive sales tax on wholesale purchases, we must receive a completed Sales Tax Exemption Certificate from you. If you do not have a Sales Tax License, you can still have a wholesale account and get wholesale pricing — you will just have to pay sales tax on your purchases.
We are currently required to charge state sales tax on all online sales in the following states unless the buyer’s sales tax exemption certificate has been submitted to us: Georgia | Indiana | Illinois | Maryland | Michigan | Minnesota | North Carolina | Ohio | Utah | Virginia | Washington State
Sales Tax starts April 1, 2023: New Jersey
Sales Tax coming soon; please submit your certificates ASAP: Alabama | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | District of Columbia | Florida | Hawaii | Idaho | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Massachusetts | Mississippi | Missouri | Nebraska | Nevada | New Mexico | New York | North Dakota | Oklahoma | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Vermont | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming
We do not require forms from the following no-sales-tax states: Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon.
- Please email your completed certificate to email@example.com. Allow 1-2 business days for sales tax exemption to be added to your wholesale account.
- Sales Tax paid during an online transaction is not refundable.
- Always use your official wholesale account email address when ordering. Your sales tax-exempt status is linked to your official wholesale email address (the email address you use to log into your wholesale account.) If you enter a different email address to receive order notifications, the system may fail to recognize your tax-exempt status and charge you sales tax.
Two easy options to complete and submit your Certificate:
(1) DO IT ALL ONLINE: Using your desktop or laptop device (with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader app installed), download the app to your device; fill in all the required fields; save the filled-in form; email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) PRINT THE FORM OUT: Fill it out by hand; scan or take a clear photo of the completed form; email to email@example.com
If you do not have a Sales Tax License Number, PLEASE send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org saying “I do not have a Sales Tax License for my state” so we can make a note in our records. We will love you so much for taking a moment for this kindness.