ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONS
• Communities for a Better Environment | California | cbecal.org | Facebook
Communities for a Better Environment is fighting to achieve environmental health and justice by building grassroots power in and with communities of color and working-class communities. CBE provides residents in highly polluted areas in California with organizing skills, leadership training, and a foundation in activism and advocacy.
• Louisiana Bucket Brigade | Louisiana | labucketbrigade.org | Facebook
Louisiana Bucket Brigade uses grassroots action to hold the petrochemical industry and the government accountable for the true costs of pollution and bring light to the communities being impacted the most. By taking action, Louisiana Bucket Brigade fights to free neighborhoods from industrial pollution and hasten the transition from fossil fuels.
• Soul Fire Farm | New York | soulfirefarm.org | @soulfirefarm
Soul Fire Farm is a BIPOC-centered community farm committed to ending racism and injustice in the food system.
• Environmental Justice for All | Vermont | ej4all.org | Facebook
The Environmental Justice Health Alliance for Chemical Policy Reform supports diverse movement towards safe chemicals and clean energy that leaves no community or worker behind.
• The Acres of Ancestry Initiative / Black Agrarian Fund | Black Belt / Southern USA | acresofancestry.org | @acresofancestry
The Acres of Ancestry Initiative/Black Agrarian Fund is a multidisciplinary, cooperative nonprofit ecosystem rooted in Black eco-cultural traditions and textile arts to regenerate custodial landownership, ecological stewardship, and food and fiber economies in the South.